“Blazemark is a system delivering the total package —preplans that are NFPA 1620 compliant, strategic, accurate, and meet corporate compliance requirements while ensuring safer, more efficient response.”
What Is Preplanning?
Preplanning is a process that gives all stakeholders to a property or special event the “inside information” allowing for a more efficient and timely response which will help save lives, property, money and manage risk. Blazemark incorporates Standards from NFPA 1620 to gather information that includes physical and site considerations, occupant considerations, water supplies, fire protection systems, special hazards, emergency operations, and pre-incident plan testing and maintenance.
When seconds count, having this information at the tip of your fingers through our cloud based software will make the difference when it most matters.
Share Information Easily
Blazemark gives you the ability to share information in advance or in real time with facilities management, EHS, and other first responders—putting the power of intuitive, secure cloud based software in the hand of those on the scene.
Respected By Industry
Blazemark is a respected system across many industries and supports pre-planning for high value research and development, manufacturing, data centers, chemical plants, and other vital facilities.
Save Lives, Money And Property
Blazemark is the system and technology platform that major corporations depend on for a tactical edge. It protects the safety of employees, emergency personnel, and those in the community while saving time and money. It also systematically provides the key information necessary to protect the environment in case of a hazardous materials incident.
“Ready to add this game-changing technology solution to your toolbox??”
POTENTIAL TO REDUCE INSURANCE PREMIUMS
Many property insurers offer premium discounts for businesses that conduct proper pre-planning because a pre-planned operation is often viewed as a company that actively manages their risk, therefore they are viewed as a better risk by carriers. When a variety of training exercises and tabletops are required, Blazemark pre-plans are simple to implement.
STAY COMPLIANT AND CONFIDENT
Blazemark helps keep you compliant with EHS and OSHA requirements by applying a state-of-the-art confined space documentation capability. Regulations also require effective emergency planning for all chemical processes— something Blazemark can be easily updated to do.
EMPOWER RESPONDERS TO WORK TOGETHER SEAMLESSLY
Sharing critical information is essential when various individuals are responding to an emergency. Blazemark’s multi-level security access (via a 24/7 high-availability server) delivers true “mutual aid” and response team interoperability. With just a simple web browser, entering data about rail crossings, landmarks, power lines, structures, shutoffs, ventilation, geographic features, water supplies, hazmats, and more is fast and painless.
“Still need to keep hard copies of what you’re doing? Blazemark also allows you to produce a printable copy (PDF) for offline use and/or storage or email during an incident.”
LEADERSHIP AND QUALIFICATIONS
We keep an “All-Hazards” approach with civilian and responder safety at the core of everything we do. Our staff includes experienced first responders and officers with training in building construction and emergency response to conduct the preplanning effort.
- All work is managed by Greg Jakubowski, P.E., CSP, FSFPE – Principal and Chief Engineer, Fire Planning Associates, Inc. which provides Blazemark as its cloud based software platform. He continues to serve as the Chair of the NFPA 1620 committee which oversee preplanning. Additionally, his experience includes leading and improving safety and fire prevention from a site and corporate perspective on project teams for approximately $3BB (USD) since 1985, in US, Asia and Europe. He is an experienced author with over 130 articles in a regular column for a fire safety periodical with 50,000+ circulation since 1989. Greg has also co-authored text on firefighter rescue that has sold over 17,000 copies and is used as required reading for city chief officer tests as well as a Chapter Author in several texts on industrial firefighting and firefighter safety.
- Blazemark provides an independent outside source for the completion and validation of preplans that typically need to be accomplished during the day, by a group of fire and safety professionals.
- Our platform is used by hundreds of customers with well over 150,000,000 square feet of structures preplanned as well as major waterways, rail and pipelines.
- Our staff has hundreds of years of EHS and emergency services experience in settings that include industry, department of defense, career and volunteer Fire/EMS/Rescue departments as well as Law Enforcement.
Preplanning Is A Complete Concept Based Upon:
- Awareness of the Problem
- Management Commitment
- Emergency Organization
Preplanning is often not taken seriously enough:
- Completed hurriedly
- Not communicated or consolidated
- Discussed post-incident
By contrast, Blazemark takes a systematic approach:
- Types of hazards (hazmat, building, etc.)
- What is likely to happen
- Off-site impact?
- Life-safety hazards?
- Environmental implications
- Degree of probability incident will occur (history, mitigation, etc.)
- Business continuity -salvage concerns ,ie, servers, records, etc.