In addition to being the makers of Blazemark, Fire Planning Associates provides custom preplan services, life safety assessments, tabletop exercises, live exercise trainings, and can present various topics for trainings or conferences. Learn more about FPA Services here.
What Is Preplanning?
Preplanning is a process that gives all stakeholders to a property or special event the “inside information” allowing for a more efficient and timely response which will help save lives, property, money; and help to manage risk. Blazemark incorporates Standards from NFPA 1620 to gather information that includes physical and site considerations, occupant considerations, water supplies, fire protection systems, special hazards, emergency operations, and pre-incident plan testing and maintenance. There is nothing better to assist with building familiarization for firefighters, police officers, medical technicians, environmental health and safety staff and facilities management.
When seconds count, having this information at the tip of your fingers through our cloud-based software, will make the difference when it matters most.
LEADERSHIP AND QUALIFICATIONS
We keep an “All-Hazards” approach with civilian and responder safety at the core of everything we do. Our staff includes experienced first responders and officers with training in building construction and emergency response to conduct the preplanning effort.
- All preplanning services work is managed by Greg Jakubowski, P.E., CSP, FSFPE – Principal and Chief Engineer. He continues to serve as the Chair of the NFPA 1620 committee which oversee preplanning. Additionally, his experience includes leading and improving safety and fire prevention from a site and corporate perspective on project teams for approximately $3BB (USD) since 1985, in US, Asia and Europe. He is an experienced author with over 130 articles in a regular column for a fire safety periodical with 50,000+ circulation since 1989. Greg has also co-authored text on Firefighter Rescue that has sold over 17,000 copies and is used as required reading for city chief officer tests as well as a Chapter Author in several texts on industrial firefighting and firefighter safety.
- We provide an independent outside source for the completion and validation of preplans that typically need to be accomplished during the day, by a group of fire and safety professionals.
- Our platform is used by hundreds of customers with well over 500 million square feet of structures preplanned as well as major interstate exchanges, waterways, rail, and pipelines.
- Our staff has extensive experience in EHS and emergency services, in settings that include industry, department of defense, career and volunteer Fire/EMS/Rescue departments, and Law Enforcement.
Preplanning is a complete concept based on:
- Awareness of the Problem
- Management Commitment
- Emergency Organization
Preplanning is often not taken seriously enough:
- Completed hurriedly
- Not communicated or consolidated
- Discussed post-incident
By contrast, Blazemark takes a systematic approach:
- Types of hazards (hazmat, building, etc.)
- What is likely to happen
- Off-site impact?
- Life-safety hazards?
- Environmental implications
- Degree of probability incident will occur (history, mitigation, etc.)
- Business continuity, salvage concerns, for example: servers, records, etc.